Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heeding Lessons From History

Many might claim that most if not all of my analogies are totally off the mark. I am much obliged to take this criticism. Being this as it may, I think what needs to be pointed out is that by denying the veracity of my analogies, we make ourselves vulnerable to not heeding lessons from history.

I think history can potentially be a wonderful guide for learning from past “mistakes” but it can only be so if we humbly recognize when we are repeating these “mistakes”. Do you see where I am going with this?

If one writes off all my analogies in a desperate attempt to defend his “rightness”, it is unikely any lessons will ever be learned, be them from me or anybody else.

We seem to have a tendency to deny that today is any different from yesterday making the study of history essentially worthless from a practical standpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment